Sunday, June 16, 2013

I am almost ready for day 1

I created a daily folder for each kid for their homework activities

   I have printed out the review packets
   I selected spelling lists for each child

I put "library" on our weekly calendar

I made a chore chart using "clean mama" printables.
  This is her weekly focus:
  M - Bathrooms
  T - Dust
  W - Vacuum
  TR - Wash Floors
  F - Catch all day
  Sat - Sheets/towels

Her theory is that every day you will "  Check floors, Wipe Counters, Clutter and at least one load of laundry.  She even has a laundry schedule!!

I took her list and made one for the kids - bear with me:

Daily:  Make bed - Pick up room
  Fold and put away clothes
  Brush teeth
  Pick Up bathroom

So in line with the weekly/daily focus I assigned these jobs to the kids:
 Monday - Clean Bathroom
   Throw down all laundry

Tuesday - Dust Your bedroom and bathroom
  Mirrors
  Window Sills
  Baseboards
  lamps
  shelves
  dresser top
  stairway

Wednesday - Vacuum
  Bedroom
  Bathroom
  Stairway

Thursday - Wash Floors
  Bathroom
  Bedroom
  Hallway
  wipe down stairs (on either side of carpet)

Friday - Clean up pool toys and bonus room


THEN... I found an allowance card:

I am now reviewing a list of chores that I can assign a separate monetary value to so they can earn extra stuff.  I am thinking of possibly using those extra chores to earn time for sleepovers, video games, bowling... etc.  I'll post the list when I get it done.

WOWIE ZOWIE... I have a plan, have it organized, posted and I cannot wait until they wake up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment